About Me

My photo
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Computer Science undergraduate student (Senior) at the College of Charleston.

Labels

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Feasibility study

Today is the deadline, that my group assigned for us to complete our feasibility study and research on the following bug - trunk 1868.  The bug indicates that when an admin changes the requirements for a password, such as whether or not the password needs at least one number, the message that appears when the user is forced to change his/her password is always the same "Must be at least 8 characters long, contain an uppercase character, and contain at least one number".

The first thing I attempted to do was to recreate the bug.  The global security properties can be found by navigating to the "Administration" section of the dashboard and by then selecting "Manage Global Properties".  I edited the password requirements as so....











I then created a new user (under the "Administration" tab) and selected the option to force the user to change his/her password.  When, I logged in as the user I saw the following...








So, clearly the bug is not present in my version of OpenMRS (1.9).  I took another look at the bug and realised that the "affected version" was listed as 1.6.  Now I am left a little bit confused.  A fix has clearly been made for this bug but a patch has not been submitted.  Perhaps, this old bug has just gotten lost or maybe its just unnecessary to address problems with older versions of OpenMRS.  I'm unsure of how to proceed from here.  I'll need to discuss it with my group members and perhaps the OpenMRS team.

No comments:

Post a Comment